Sunday, December 12, 2010

stop motioning

Sooo I shot this stop motion. I want to re-edit it using some sort of software that allows me to have more control over the speed the photos are shown. I used an older version of Imovie and it kept playing mean trick on me and would only let me choose .03 seconds or .018... needless to say that's a huge difference and made for a choppy not-so-awesome video. Anyways, I'm not exactly happy with it, but it was interesting nonetheless. and a workout. I was sore for days. Kneeling and standing for four hours beats any machine a gym has to offer.











Buffalo - Mountain Man from Sarah Rafter on Vimeo.

The background is a large format print of photo I shot this past summer in Oakville. I cut out all the bigger letters i used from cardstock. For the blue 'mississippi river', I printed a bunch of different fonts onto blue cardstock and cut it all out. The 'my eyes' and 'black hills' are all hand-rendered, i scanned in my drawings onto the computer so I could ensure they rolled at the proper speed and printed them out onto newsprint. tadaaa.